I Am A...
Online Session Locator
W447·Materials Experiments, Labs, Demos, and Hands-On ActivitiesTechnical · Materials Division
Wed. June 29, 2011 12:30 PM to 2:00 PM
Room 117, Vancouver International Conference Centre
This session focuses on laboratory experiments, in-class demonstrations, and hands-on activities in materials courses.
- Moderated by Prof. Stephen J Krause and Dr. Craig Johnson P.E.
- Measuring Angle of Twist in a Torsion Experiment [view paper] Surendra K. Gupta (Rochester Institute of Technology) and Steven John Kosciol (Rochester Institute of Technology)
- Teaching Demo to Reinforce how Mechanical Properties Change Due to Heat Treatment Processes [view paper] Daniel J. Magda (Weber State University)
- Renovating Education Inside and Outside of the Classroom: An Update on an Ongoing NSF Grant Featuring Innovative Initiatives to Revolutionize a First-Year Construction Materials Course [view paper] David S. Cottrell (University of North Carolina, Charlotte) and Chung-Suk Cho (University of North Carolina, Charlotte)
- Development of a Laboratory Module in Hybrid Biodegradable Cornstarch Materials [view paper] Spencer Seung-hyun Kim (Rochester Institute of Technology)
» Online registration is currently closed « Back to Find Sessions