January 3-5, San Diego.
February 3-4, Washington, DC
February 5-7, Washington, DC
February 7-9 San Antonio
February 19-24, Havana
March 12-14, Arlington, VA
April 8-11, New Orleans
April 29 – May 1, Crystal City, VA
June 21-23, Salt Lake City
June 24-27, Salt Lake City
Sept 20-22 Crystal City, VA
Ticketed event: $35.00
This workshop is facilitated by experienced First-Year Engineering Educators and offers a collaborative format for people interested in improving first-year engineering student success. Participants will be divided into groups. Specific structured discussions include:
• What is student success?
• How to advance first-year students to work to their full potential?
• Exploration of a student’s reflection on how to be successful as a first-year engineering student;
• Implementing the “Design Your Process to Become a World Class Engineering Student”;
• Incorporate the project in existing courses/seminars;
• Collaborative learning strategies to support the objectives of the project;
• Grading solutions for high enrollment courses;
• Barriers for implementing the project;
• Available support material for the project;
• Joining the research effort – implement, assess, publish.
The collaborative nature of this workshop is aimed to provide participants the opportunity to develop a support network that will extend beyond the workshop and will help with the implementation of the project. The diverse backgrounds of the facilitators will assure a comprehensive treatment of the material presented.
Dr. Steffen Peuker
Dr. Raymond B. Landis
Dr. Gayle E. Ermer
Dr. Krishna Pakala