Ms. Melgoza is a science and engineering librarian at Texas A and M University. She has 19 of years experience.
Ashlynn Kogut, Assistant Professor, is an Education and Social Sciences Librarian at Texas A and M University Libraries, where she supports researchers in education and the social sciences.
Mr. Michael R. Golla, Senior Lecturer,
Department of Engineering Technology & Industrial Distribution, College of Engineering, Texas A&M University.
Education: M.B.A., Texas A&M University, 2002
B.S., Engineering Tech., Texas A&M University, 1997
Philanthropic and Endowment Experience:
• Strategically developed a new funding model for the ETID department to endow and develop labs to support strategic education curriculum, 2004.
• Leveraged professional relationships with Mr. Robert “Bob” Womack, of Womack Machine Supply, Dallas Tx and helped negotiate a $1.0M donation for an endowment to support a “hands on” Fluid Power Laboratory, 2007.
• Obtained a second gift of $500k, from personal and professional relationships with DXP Enterprises, to develop the DXP Pump Laboratory to support undergraduate education and the development of a professional development continuing education program to support industry professionals with professional development needs. 2009.
• Strategic business analyst conducted international and domestic market research in the energy production and manufacturing markets and wrote a strategic business plan to serve the pump package system demand for domestic and international markets. FMC Technologies, Houston, Tx.
• Assistant Plant Manager/Welding Engineer, product development and manufacturing engineer in the Fluid Power Industry assessing production inefficiencies to implement new equipment and processes. Texas Hydraulics, Temple Tx.
• Welding engineer in assessing inventory and manufacturing equipment, and a manufacturing and product engineer for a Fortune 100 Fluid Power company fulfilling an integral role in developing a robotic welding program to produce hydraulic cylinders. Texas Hydraulics.
• Project engineer for the USAF, moving manufacturing facilities from Kelly AFB in San Antonio, Texas to Tinker AFB, in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. DME, Defense Military Engineers, subcontractor to Lockheed Martin.
• Currently subjects, Undergraduate
MMET 301 Mechanical Power Transmission
MMET 401 Fluid Power Technology
• Professional Development and Continuing Education Short courses
Pump 101 Basic Pump Fundamentals
Pump 102 Advanced Pump Fundamentals 1
Pump 201 Advanced Pump Fundamentals 2
• Past Subjects, Undergraduate
IDIS 303 Mechanical Power Transmission
IDIS 403 Fluid Power Technology
IDIS 281 Manufacturing Processes
ENTC 206 Non-Metallic Materials
ENTC 429 Managing People and Projects
Strategic business development, Product innovation, Entrepreneurship in Engineering, Project management, Fluid Power Technologies, Mechanical Power Transmission, Condition based monitoring and Reliability.
Name: Michael R. Golla
Department: Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution, Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Technology Program
Date hired or assigned to department: 2002
Number of years of service to department: 20
Present academic rank and date obtained: Senior Lecturer, 2014
Degrees: M.B.A., Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, 2002
B.S., Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, 1997
Related teaching and other work experience:
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Dr. Clint Bertrand, Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution, Texas A&M Univ., College Station, (8/2000 – 5/2002)
Business Mgmt Intern – FMC Technologies, Energy Systems, (5/2001 – 8/2001)
DME, Project Engineer for USAF, (11/1999 – 2/2000), San Antonio, Tx
Assistant Plant Manager / Welding Engineer – Texas Hydraulics, (3/1998 – 10/1999)
US Army Corps of Engineers, Lackland AFB, San Antonio, Tx. Engineering Intern, 1996 & 1997.
Active membership in professional and scientific societies:
Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
Personal: Married to my “Aggie Sweetheart” for 22 years, we have 3 children, two sons (19) & (14) and one daughter (11).
The full paper will be available to logged in and registered conference attendees once the conference starts on June 22, 2020, and to all visitors after the conference ends on June 26, 2021
Are you a researcher? Would you like to cite this paper? Visit the ASEE document repository at peer.asee.org for more tools and easy citations.