Other Ways To Give
Did you know there are creative ways to support ASEE?
These benefit ASEE as it moves to its next 50 years and benefits you and your loved ones too!
Planned gifts are a thoughtful way to create a win-win situation for you and ASEE.
There are numerous ways to set up your giving plan. Please select one of our tabs to see which type of giving fits you.
Name ASEE in your Will or Trust
How It Works
- Include a gift to ASEE in your will or trust. Please see our page on sample language here. (link to page)
- Make your bequest unrestricted or direct it to a specific purpose. ASEE will work with you to set up an endowment, scholarship, award, program, activity or any other purpose for which you will be interested.
- Indicate a specific amount or a percentage of the balance remaining in your estate or trust.
- Sample Gift Language for your Will or Trust (link to page)
- Endowment for the next 50 years (link to page)
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step. Stephanie S. Harrington, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your gift to address changing circumstances.
- You can direct your gift to a particular purpose - we can create an endowment, scholarship, award or other program that you request.
- Under current tax law, there is no upper limit on the estate tax deduction for your charitable bequests.
Please let us know if you have already included ASEE in your estate plan or if you are considering doing so. We would love to hear from you.
Honor the memory of a relative, friend, or colleague with a tribute donation and help ASEE advance its mission for the next 50 years! This is a thoughtful way of remembering a loved one while promoting Engineering Education.
How it works:
Select “Gift in memory”
- Tell us the name of the person that the gift is in memory of
- Tell us who we should send the acknowledgment to
- Fill in your personal information and we will send a tax receipt to you.
Sample Donation Form (link to page)
Donate a gift of security.
ASEE accepts gifts of securities with a long-term gain (held for at least one year) in which allows a donor to a charitable deduction for up to the full current market value. By donating, you could be partaking in mutual benefits.
ASEE often sees gifts of securities as certificates which include:
- Mutual funds
How to Donate
- Electronic Transfer of Stock
- Transfer by Mail
- Cash Wire Transfer
- Potential of paying no capital gain tax
- Receive a charitable tax receipt for the market value of your donation
- Potential to receive tax benefits to your estate
(Tax ID #37-0730118)
Please ask your accountant or broker to contact Stephanie Harrington for further instructions on how to donate through a gift of security.
Donate your choice of asset.
Gift of assets may help provide you or your employer tax savings. If you wish to give through assets; contact us so we can help you find the right method of asset gifting which will meet your charitable goals. ASEE supports the gifts of assets through:
- Cash – quick and simple! (link to page)
- Notes or accounts receivable
- Prepaid expenses
- Property (real estate) and equipment
Real Estate to be donated:
- Place of residence
- Land or land improvements
- Commercial buildings
- Vacation homes
- Investment property
- You may receive a deduction in income tax
- You may have reduced capital gains taxes owned on an asset
- Ownership responsibilities could be eliminated
You've worked hard and planned for retirement. Now, with a little creativity, you can leverage your retirement assets to benefit you and your family, reduce federal taxes, and support ASEE far into the future.
How It Works
- Name ASEE as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified retirement plan.
- Pass the balance of your retirement assets to ASEE by contacting your plan administrator.
- Important! Tell ASEE About your gift. Your plan administrator is not obligated to notify us. So if you don't tell us, we may not know.
701⁄2 or older?
Make a “Tax-Free” Gift Through Your IRA
- Continue to take regular lifetime withdrawals.
- Maintain flexibility to change beneficiaries if your family's needs change during your lifetime.
- Your heirs avoid the potential double taxation on the assets left in your retirement account.
Will your workplace allow your employer to “match” a charitable contribution to a non-profit organization? Matching allows you to double the impact of your generosity! We at ASEE have had much success in individual’s taking a single amount of their money and having their company’s double that amount simply by their matching policy. This is a great opportunity to support and extend corporate philanthropy to our Society. Check your company’s policy on workplace giving and make your contributions out to:
1818 N Street N.W. Suite 600
Washington DC 20036
ASEE is a 501(c)(3) Non-profit organization. Gifts may be tax deductible to the extent provided by law. Please check with your tax advisor.
(Tax ID #37-0730118)