Open Faculty Positions in the Frank Batten College of Engineering at Old Dominion University
Reference Numbers: F0364A1, F0609A1, F0745A1, F0765A1, F0886A1, F1026A1, & F1027A1
The Frank Batten College of Engineering and Technology (BCET) at Old Dominion University (ODU) is currently hiring several instrumental, tenure eligible faculty positions. Successful candidates will be forward-focused innovative leaders committed to the College's strategic mission of academic excellence and experiential learning. Candidates are expected to perform teaching, research, and service, and must demonstrate an unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). We are inviting applications for the following positions, starting in Fall 2023:
• Three positions at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor ranks in Autonomous Systems, supporting the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering or the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, depending on the selected candidate’s expertise. Autonomous systems include but are not limited to unmanned aerial vehicles, unmanned underwater vehicles, and unmanned surface vehicles. For more information, visit the application page: https://jobs.odu.edu/postings/17591
• A position at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor rank in Cybersecurity. Appointment will be in one of the six BCET departments, depending on the selected candidate’s expertise. For more information, visit the application page: https://jobs.odu.edu/postings/17594
• A position at the Associate or Full Professor rank in Data Science, supporting the Department of Engineering Management & Systems Engineering. For more information, visit the application page: https://jobs.odu.edu/postings/17596
• A position at the Associate or Full Professor rank in Offshore Wind Energy. Appointment will be in one of the six BCET departments, depending on the selected candidate’s expertise. For more information, visit the application page at: https://jobs.odu.edu/postings/17595.
• A position at the Assistant Professor rank in Mission Engineering. ODU has a strong history in supporting the DoD, including its directive to fully integrate mission engineering within their operations. ODU is building on this and will quickly establish itself as the national leader in mission engineering workforce development and applied research, including the adaptation and implementation of mission engineering into other, nonmilitary domains that also require the integration of multiple linked systems to achieve desired end states. For more details, visit the application page: https://jobs.odu.edu/postings/17600.
• Associate Dean for Undergraduate and Graduate Education. We invite applications from exceptional leaders with a bold vision to help shape the educational mission of the College, including a vision for impactful diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives focused on student success at the undergraduate and graduate levels. For more information, visit the application page: https://jobs.odu.edu/postings/17493
• Professor & Chair of the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) Department. We seek an accomplished individual to provide visionary academic and administrative leadership and energize the faculty in advancing MAE research productivity. For more details, visit the application page: https://jobs.odu.edu/postings/17527
***How to Apply: Complete the online application for the position at its corresponding webpage (listed above), including: a cover letter describing your qualifications for the position and interest in a tenured appointment, if applicable; a CV; unofficial graduate transcripts; and e-mail addresses for three professional references. All materials will be considered in full confidence. Review of all applications will begin February 1, 2023 and will continue until all positions are filled.
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. Individuals from minoritized communities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.