For Authors - Important Updates Regarding Paper Presentations
The ASEE Annual Conference is Now ALL VIRTUAL!
Schedule for the Virtual Annual Conference now confirmed!
Finalized Paper Assignments
- Program chairs will be assigning all finalized papers to sessions by June 18, 2021
- Most paper presentations will be in a technical session format, i.e. 5 papers per session, with live author presenters and a virtual audience.
- Session format will be decided by the program chair
- Please contact your program chair directly regarding any schedule issues
- ASEE HQ cannot change or move any scheduled papers. That can only be done by the program chair
- All sessions will have moderators who can start the session, manage the time and the Q&A
- Be advised, any authors or co-authors that wish to participate in the virtual annual conference must be registered
- Any authors or co-authors that are registered by the June 18 session deadline, will be listed as speakers on the virtual platform
- Any and all authors who are registered and listed as speakers on the virtual platform can participate in the presentation.
- Once the June 18 session deadline has passed, ASEE HQ will not be adding or removing presenting authors to the virtual sessions
- If you are an author on a finalized paper and you have registered by June 18, you will be listed as a speaker for your paper for your assigned virtual session
- If you register after the June 18 deadline, you will be able to participate in the virtual conference, but not as a speaker on your paper
- The format for the virtual poster session has been finalized.
- All sessions will be an indivdiual zoom
- All sessions will be live
- Presentations do not need to be created or uploaded in advance
- Papers will automatically be linked to their sessions
- Authors can share their screen for their presentations
- Their will be a tutorial in July for Poster Authors, invitations will be sent directly
- Poster presentations will still require a final paper, along with all other paper requirements, before it can be presented at the virtual
Creating your profile & Access to the Virtual Platform
- An email with an access link will be sent to all registered authors directly from the virtual platform the week of July 12
- You will be able to upload a headshot/photo and other information to your profile
- Your papers will already be automatically linked to your virtual sessions
- You will not be required to create any presentations or audio files in advance
- File upload for authors will not be available this year. All presentations will be live
- You can share your screen during the live session if you have a PowerPoint or other presentation
- If you have any type of handout or reply mechanism, you can put it in the chat during the live session
- For questions about paper submission deadlines, content, session assignments, etc., please contact your PROGRAM CHAIR. The Program Chair contact link can also be found on the right-hand side of each individual paper page in the Paper Management System under Manage Papers.
- If you have any technical questions about the system, please send an email to email@example.com with your name and paper ID
- If you cannot attend virtually, all Finalized Papers will STILL be published
Paper Submission Information
Technical Session Presentation Information
Poster Presentation Information