The Engineering Deans Council is composed of a representative from each of the Engineering College members of the Society as well as a representative from interested Affiliate College Members.
The Engineering Deans Council of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) is the leadership organization of the Engineering Deans in the United States. Currently, the Council has approximately 350 members, representing over 90 percent of all US Engineering Deans.
The objectives of the Engineering Deans Council are:
1. Provide vision and leadership in engineering education, research, and engagement.
2. Advocate for engineering education, research, and engagement and serve as a resource to its constituents and the public at large.
3. Articulate as a key stakeholder of, and influence US public policy on engineering education, research, and engagement.
4. Partner with stakeholders (e.g., industry, government, educators, and professional organizations) to promote excellence at every level of engineering education, research, and engagement.
5. Facilitate the exchange of information among its members and their stakeholders and provide a forum for member colleges to foster dialog and collaboration and to share best practices.
6. Promote diversity and inclusiveness in all aspects of engineering education, research, and engagement.
George Mason University
440 University Drive
Fairfax, Virginia 22030