8.1 NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
Immediately following the approval of national and society award recipients by the Awards Policy Committee, ASEE Headquarters will complete the following activities:
- Officially notify the recipients and confirm their intentions to attend the Annual Conference
- As soon as possible after the Awards Policy Committee confirms the committee selection, a congratulatory letter of notification from Headquarters will be sent to each awardee with copies to the Awards Committee Chair, the Chair of the appropriate sponsoring council or other unit, and the sponsor's representative.
- Obtain from the awardees photographs, social security numbers, and personal biographical information for publicity purposes
- Send award confirmation and letters of congratulations
- Issue publicity release
- Prepare copy for the awards ceremony program incorporating the citations and biographical information submitted ASEE Headquarters will provide national and society award winners with all the necessary information about their participation in the awards ceremony at the Annual Conference.
8.2 NOTIFICATION OF FELLOW MEMBERS
Immediately following the approval of the Fellow members by the Awards Policy Committee, the Chairperson of the Awards Policy Committee will officially notify the Fellow recipients and confirm their intentions to attend the Annual Meeting, and notify ASEE Headquarters of the Fellow members selected so that a congratulatory letter of notification may be sent, with copies to the Chairs of the Awards Policy Committee and the Fellow Member Selection Committee. All other activities pertaining to ASEE Fellow Member recognition will be handled by ASEE Headquarters.
8.3 NOTIFICATION OF NON WINNERS
After the Awards Policy Committee confirms the award recipients, ASEE Headquarters shall provide all Award Committee Chairs with a list of the Award recipients. Award Committee Chairs shall immediately notify the nominators of non winners and the Chairs may recommend renomination of those who stood well in the competition. Headquarters provides this service for national and society awards.
8.4 HEADQUARTERS SERVICES
ASEE provides the following services for all national and society awards:
- Orders medals; prepares certificates and acquires signatures of appropriate officials; designs and orders plaques, certificates, etc.; issues checks for presentation to recipients
- Receives information on selected awardees for presentation to the Board of Directors or Executive Committee of the Board of Directors
- Issues letters of notification and congratulations to national and society awardees
- Receives and disseminates public relations information and provides for the publication of information on awards in ASEE Prism
- Plans the award presentation ceremony at the Annual Conference
- Maintains liaison with sponsor representatives; receives and acknowledges financial contributions; accounts for expenditures and earnings; sends copies of all documents and publications pertaining to the awards and the awardees to sponsors, and arranges sponsor participation in award ceremonies as necessary
- Provides support services to the Awards Policy Committee
- Publishes the Awards Nomination Booklet in the fall and the Awards Banquet Program in the spring
- Reports to the Board of Directors on the administration and financial condition of the awards program